I know, it’s been ages and ages since I’ve posted. But this recipe blew me and got me motivated to write, because you *must* try it ASAP! Perfect for summer, with fresh picked strawberries, and the best, creamiest vegan ice cream I have made so far, after numerous other trials. Not only that, it’s SO easy, no heating and waiting, just put everything into your Vitamix and go. WIN!
Recipe base thanks to Rebecca and the amazing people in the Vegan Meringues facebook group – check it out! Sooooo many incredible things to experiment with.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup ( or rice syrup )
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature aquafaba ( liquid from a can of chickpeas or other beans )
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree ( fresh or frozen strawberries - though I recommend fresh picked! - blended or mashed )
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Add all ingredients except chopped strawberries into a Vitamix or other similar blender.
- Blend for at least 2 minutes, or until your mixture is completely smooth.
- Churn in your ice cream maker until the mixture has the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Add chopped strawberries, churn until mixed in.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
- Don't eat it all at once, or you will die from fat overload! :-) Moderation in all things. :D :D :D ...seriously... good luck with this one. I just wanted to drink the mix first, and then eat it straight out of the ice cream maker once churned!!