This chili tastes like you’ve slaved all day over a hot stove – and who wants to do that in the middle of the heat of summer?? But yet somehow chili and cornbread… seems like the perfect summer meal. So here’s a way to enjoy that deliciousness, without too much of the heat of the kitchen. :)
- 2 ~16 oz jars salsa ( My favorite option so far - 1 Wegman’s pineapple, 1 Wegman’s peach mango )
- 15.5 oz can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can water
- 1 zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces ( optional, feel free to add / substitute other veggies as well! )
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 T Turbinado
- 1 t sea salt
- Combine in order over medium-high heat and bring just to the beginning of a boil.
- Lower to simmer over medium-low heat for 1/2 an hour, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Cover for an additional half hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with vegan sour cream and cornbread and enjoy!