Ok I know it’s been a loooooooong time since I blogged, lol. Lots of fun stuff happening and not much recipe creation in that! But the other day I made this pumpkin spice aquafaba caramel and it’s amaaaaaazing (IMHO :D ), and I promised the recipe to all the people who requested, so here we are! Let’s see if I remember how to blog. :D
- 1 1/3 cup aquafaba
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (Soaked for at least 4 hours if you don't have a high speed blender; no need to soak if you do)
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 t vanilla
- 1/3 t pumpkin spice spice (This is a combined spice sold as pumpkin spice, but you can also use a tiny amount each of allspice, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)
- 1/4 t salt
- Place aquafaba and cashews in Vitamix; blend until smooth as milk.
- Place "milk" mixture into a medium size pot. Your caramel will climb the sides of the pot as it cooks, so you want extra vertical space.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium, and allow mixture to come to a low boil, while stirring frequently. You don't want the sugars to harden to the bottom of the pot, and/or burn.
- Stir constantly once the mixture comes to a low boil and starts to climb the sides of the pot, allow to cook for ~5 more minutes. If you have a candy thermometer you are looking for it to cook around 210F for ~5 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!!